Organix South create, manufacture and sell neem and other Ayurvedic herbal products. They conduct their work through responsible research, product development and purchasing to create alternative and healthy solutions to many current afflictions and maladies. They strive to treat all those they affect with integrity.
Code of Ethics
- Have fair, truthful and honest in relations with their customers, co- workers, suppliers and with the public.
- Purchase raw materials that do not endanger the future sustainability of the crop, land or water systems.
- Purchase raw materials based on the key issues of quality and sustainability. Price is not the most important consideration.
- Be aware of, and compassionately responsive to, the changing world.
- Be responsible, good citizens, and useful members of their communities.
- Strive to constantly improve in practices, policies and ethics. The mission and code are dynamic.
- Conduct business with pride in work, products and services.
- Work to earn the respect and esteem of all concerned.
- Empower their employees to uphold code of ethics.
- Comply with the laws, and present full disclosure of all ingredients on product labels.
- Regard as imperative the financial success, stability and growth of their business in accordance with these principles.
Oragnix-South are a privately held company supporting American jobs while building mutually beneficial partnerships with organic farmers and wild-crafters in India. They buy many of their herbs through a relationship they created with Nisarga Biotech (Nisarga means nature) in the organic Umbari Farm, located southeast of Mumbai in India. The farm itself has been certified organic through the internationally recognized ECOCERT and they have committed to providing financial assistance to help nearby farmers convert to organic growing as well.
Umbari encompasses 10 acres of organic farm land surrounded by 20 acres of national forest areas that also have been certified organic for ethically wild- crafted herbs. They also purchase herbs from Vita Organic Farms which has access to over 300 acres of certified organic farms.
To ensure that their herbs are fairly traded and sustainably harvested, they pay 10% over market value for herbs harvested by the Umbari and Vita farms. They enrich the health of the earth by supporting organic agriculture, and they nourish the people who grow and collect their organic herbs.
At the same time, they third-party test all of their herbs for botanical identify, purity and strength to ensure that their customers receive therapeutic- grade herbal products that are cruelty-free and made for the whole family (pets too!).